Snake Dream

A few nights ago I had a dream that there was a snake trying to bite Andrew and I. Chloe, our dog, was also running around in the background of my dream barking at the snake. This gets kind of weird but I was throwing acorns at the snake to distract it so it wouldn't bite us. I remember a big adrenaline rush followed by a huge feeling of fear somehow knowing this was a poisonous snake trying to cause us harm.  I woke up suddenly and could not get the dream out of my head for the rest of the day.


Here's where it gets freaky like the Twilight Zone or something. After waking up the next day, I started of my normal routine by taking Chloe for a walk. I took her to the park so she could jump in the creek and cool off in case she was too warm from the scorching southern sun. Since living in Tennessee I was introduced to a little activity called "crick-stompin". Also known as... "creek stomping" basically to my understanding this means just walking through a creek. Anyway, as Chloe and I were creek stomping I had the thought in my head to watch out for snakes. I then laughed the thought away reminding myself how I had been down to this creek several times and have yet to come across any snakes. I came to the conclusion I was just spooking myself from the crazy dream I had the night before. I left that thought behind and kept on walking for about an hour. Sure enough, when I least expected it, I saw slithering on the bedrock of the creek a fat 3ft long snake! I could have reached out and grabbed it that's how shockingly close I was to it. Instead I grabbed my dog so I could leash her. I took one look at the snake to see if I could tell by the shape of it's head if it was poisonous, but I remembered my dream and decided to not wait to find out. Chloe and I got the heck out of there!

My heart was racing and surging through my veins was a mix of fear and adrenaline. I could not believe I had a dream about a snake the night before and ran into one the next day! It was just a dream right? After all, the snake I met in reality didn't try to bite me or anything like in my dream. Hmmm does it mean anything or perhaps it was just coincidence?

I decided not to worry about it too much after all there was no harm done. However, later that afternoon, one of my mentors emailed me to ask how my life was going. I responded with a list a list of positive events happening as well as negative things going on (never mentioning anything to her about my snake encounter.) She responded by saying, "It sounds like there very well could be a snake in the grass of all the amazingly good things going on in your ministry." Was it just a coincidence? Or perhaps there is a greater spiritual connection going on here? I will let you decide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Run Prayer

My Thorn

From Arrogant Pride to LGBTQ Pride - A Transformation Story